Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Via Somniorum

Viaggio, Gianni de Conno


This, too, was a dream:


the eyeless grasp of limbs
to the beckoning window frame

the alchemy of finding and
grounding the unexplored

our bellies like fluttering moths
our palms drunken with vision

your breath all over my shoulders
my teeth all over your spine

the crossing of
squares of solitude

the dancing of
lanterns on water

the . . . oh, but
i no longer know what to say
without betraying myself

whose poetries are these that
hover above this canyon of light?

i’ll leave my sighs
at the doorstep, my love

i’ll fall in love with you
just one gasp more

i am filled with arrows

not suffering, my love
but refuge

not blood
nor wound
nor scar, my love
but delivery

not . . . must i say more?
whose poetries are these?

let my voice rest inside
the coils of this insolent silence

but know this . . .
i cannot turn away from you

so many anchors leap from your eyes
i seek you inside the as yet unwitnessed

the ink glistens at the tip of the pen
the dream swims at the lip of desire

whose poetries…?

my mouth will never desert this page

18 comments:

Martin said...

Your poems are too few and far between, Nevine. So this is an extra special treat.

Pat Tillett said...

Very nice Nevine. Steamy and good...

Nevine Sultan said...

Thank you, Martin. Always appreciated!

Nevine Sultan said...

I'm so happy you enjoyed it, Pat. It was a fun write.

adriana said...

My eyes will never desert this page.

Jai Joshi said...

"whose dreams are these?"

I'm often wondering that myself. Where do these words come from really? Whose thoughts are we echoing? Beautiful, Nevine.

Jai

Nevine Sultan said...

Adriana, you are so precious. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart! :-)

Nevine Sultan said...

Thank you, Jai. It's lovely to see you here.

A Cuban In London said...

I'm scared of your dreams. In a good way, mind! :-)

Greetings from London.

Unknown said...

...ciao cara Nevine, i tuoi versi, sono distici che racchiudono figure sognanti, dove io vi leggo una dolce sensualità che reca piacere al pensiero...ti abbraccio forte e ti auguro una week end pieno di sogni vibranti..:-)

Betty Manousos said...

oh my word, what vivid mental images your symbolic words create!
my mind will never desert this page. and my eyes.
your poem did strike a chord with me. i always appreciate your quality writing.

be well, my talented, sweet friend!

big hugs~
xoxo

p.s. sorry for only just now commenting.

Nevine Sultan said...

Thanks, Cuban. I'm delighted by your visit. :-)

Nevine Sultan said...

Mille grazie, Sergio! Tanti abbracci, e buon weekend a te! :-)

Nevine Sultan said...

Thank you, my dear! I'm always happy to see you here, no matter when. Life is full... Thank you for the very sweet words. Big hugs back... :-)

Man Named Kim said...

this one, has me grasping for...not THE meaning, but the meanings within it...it twists and dips, daringly into passionate and intimate places with a delightful blend of play, naughtiness and temptation... indeed, who's poetries are these?!

Nevine Sultan said...

Oh, thank you, Kim! So many lovely thoughts in your words. I always appreciate your feedback. Again, thank you!

S. Susan Deborah said...

My mind will never desert this page.

Joy always,
Susan

Nevine Sultan said...

Thank you, Susan. My heart will never forget your kindness. :-)