Thursday, May 30, 2013

"The Dancer" is Published!



It feels like eons since I last announced the publication of a short story or poem. It’s no surprise, really. Lately, my writing has centered around proposals for research studies, literature reviews, and clinical papers. That’s not to say I haven’t been creative writing (hey… clinical papers are creative, too!). I have been… really… I have. Trying to get through doctoral studies without having a creative outlet would be insane… and I don’t want to go that route, for sure! On the other hand, writing a poem, short story, or piece of creative non-fiction is one thing. Having it published is quite another.

Long story short…

I am honored to announce the publication of my short story, “The Dancer,” in the ever-beautiful and ever-intriguing Yellow Medicine Review: A Journal of Indigenous Literature, Art, and Thought. This illustrious journal features narratives of subjective cultural experiences, and “The Dancer” is just that! It is a story of somatic experience, existential meaning, spirituality, and holism. It is a story of beauty beyond the physical… and faith beyond reason. It is a story of transcendence. It is a story of immortality. It is a story of Egypt. It is a story of love.

I am proud to say that this is not my first publication in Yellow Medicine Review. My short story, “Zar,” was published in the Fall 2011 edition. I would also like to say that, time allowing, I plan to write more material for future publication in this delightful journal.

The ravishingly stunning Spring 2013 paperback edition of Yellow Medicine Review, guest edited by Natalia Andrievskikh, is available for purchase from Amazon, and yes… I highly recommend it! Please do spread the word!!!

18 comments:

Betty Manousos said...

CONGRATULATIONS on being published!
how exciting!

i am so proud of you my sweet and wonderful friend! and happy!

big hugs~

xoxoxo

Unknown said...

..cara Nevine, sono davvero contento per la tua pubblicazione di 'The Dancer', mi dispiace di non poterlo leggere in lingua italiana. Amo molto le letture sovrasensibili, interiori, metafisiche...auguri per il libro...abbraccio e bacio..

adriana said...

YES!!! Just like Betty: Proud! and sending Congratulations. The title did make me thing of Zar... I'll get the magazine through my sister (may take some time) and I'll tell you what I feel. I can anticípate: AMAZEMENT AND WONDER!!!
Love,
A

Nevine Sultan said...

Thank you, my dear! You are always there to celebrate with me... and I really appreciate that! Big hugs back... :-)

Nevine Sultan said...

Grazie, Sergio! Sei molto gentile!!! Abbracci e baci... :-)

Nevine Sultan said...

Thank you so much, Adriana. I hope you enjoy the story. It's a flash piece, and for me, those are always just that more difficult to write because they have to be concise but full. But then... I love a good challenge! :-) Much love back to you, dear!

Pat Tillett said...

Congratulations Nevine! Your writing is well beyond good enough to be in it's own book...

Nevine Sultan said...

Thank you for the support, Pat. I do appreciate it! :-)

Mildred said...

FÉLICITATIONS ma belle Nevine!
Je suis très très confuse d'arriver seulement maintenant!
Le boulot, les travaux dans le jardin et le garage et ailleurs m'ont volé tout mon temps!
Mais j'ai eu une pensée pour toi chaque jour. J'espère que tu pardonneras mon retard à venir te féliciter comme tu le mérites.
BRAVO pour toutes tes belles réussites mon amie!

***
Gros BISOUS et très BELLE semaine chez toi. SMACK SMACK SMACK****

Mildred said...

Hi hi hi! Pas le temps tout de suite d'aller lire, mais j'irai dès que j'ai un petit moment.
Une amie vient prendre le café avec moi et après j'ai des corrections de tests qui m'attendent! Grrrr;o)

***
Re-SMACK****

Nevine Sultan said...

Oh, ma belle, ne t'en fait pas!!! il n'y a rien à pardonner! Je suis toujours contente de te voir ici.... et on a tous beaucoup à faire. Donc, pas de soucis!!! :-) Merci pour tes félicitations. T'es toujours là pour célébrer avec moi.

SMACK, mon amie!!! :-)

Nevine Sultan said...

J'espère que vous avez passé un bon moment ensemble!!! :-)

Man Named Kim said...

congrats! it is no easy task to get published...as you likely know... I hope to read this one, soon.

Nevine Sultan said...

Oh, yes... I do know, Kim! Thank you ever so much!

Jai Joshi said...

That's fabulous, Nevine! Massive congratulations!!!

Jai

Nevine Sultan said...

Thank you, Jai! I really appreciate it.

S. Susan Deborah said...

Congratulations, dear Nevine. Here's to many more to come.

Wishing you all the best for everything.

Joy always,
Susan

Nevine Sultan said...

My deepest gratitude, dear Susan... and my warmest wishes back to you.