Saturday, February 7, 2015

Between Breath and Body

Unknown Artist


Quiet.
Quiet, now.
This is our secret place.

I know where my home is.

Here, my formless shadow
stalks the periphery of the light.

And, the light…
Oh, how it strides
with arms arching 
upwards and beyond!

It recognizes itself 
amidst the grey embodiment 
of my confusion.

We are together
on this quiet new day
that shifts us into a sand dune
of inevitable eventualities.

Our forms cling 
to the shoulders of the sky,
aching of gravity.

I sing with open throat.

A pause rises between us, drawing
a scowl from your eyes,
a question from mine.

Your stark words blaze.

This is my secret place.
If you tread, tread gently, please.

I flatten myself against a ripple
of flesh and bone.

I cling, without sound.

The fire of captivity
soars through me.

I wait…
To be heard.
To be seen.
To be felt.
To be found.

6 comments:

adriana said...

And you are heard, seen, felt

Nevine Sultan said...

Love and hugs to you, Adriana. :-)

Man Named Kim said...

And...you with the curves and churns of it all...thank you. My beautiful, inspirational, agony arrived at the phrase "I flatten myself against a ripple of flesh and bone." Thank you. I hope you are thriving.

Nevine Sultan said...

Kim, thank you! Though it aches me to know there is some agony involved, it makes me flutter to know that such agony is yet "beautiful" and "inspirational".

Thank you for the warm hope. I am thriving. You are thriving, too... I hope. Well, we are all, always, thriving, growing, reaching... no matter the resistance. Aren't we?

A very Happy Sunday to you, Kim. It's always a pleasure for me when you stop in!

adriana said...

A very warm hug for you today! With my heart! A

Nevine Sultan said...

Thank you, Adriana. From heart to heart, dearest... my hugs to you.