Friday, February 22, 2019

Confluence

Art by Dan-Ah Kim


I cannot tell you how or why.
I am sitting here in love 
with life and the world. 

Beyond.
Something else emerges. 
As if darkness were meeting light.

a ripple in one space resonates
throughout eternity

What are the parameters of
these false boundaries? What
am I too terrified to unleash?

Once again, my rapture
stretches out in every direction.
I falter… 
for one moment.
                            And.
                                     Tumble.

Wait.
I know what you’re thinking.

Don’t make assumptions.
Don’t say a word.

Just stay.
Bear witness.

Watch me tether
myself firmly to this ground.

4 comments:

adriana said...

How could you thether yourself to the ground when your such a free spirit. Don't want that for you.

Nevine Sultan said...

Adriana, you're a free spirit, too. So... yes, you get it. Then again, every once in a while, a little grounding is a helpful thing. Don't you think? It's so good to see you here!

Cremilde said...

Keep sitting there in love with life and the world, my friend!
And yes you can keep your feet on the ground from time to time!
Bisous! :)

Nevine Sultan said...

Merci, Cremilde! Bisous!!! :-)