Sunday, November 14, 2010

pause...

Cosmic Sky by Monica Shelton




... and... take a deep breath...

... sometimes… this is something i have to remind myself to do… because i don’t know how… to just pause… without contemplating it.... running and running… and never stopping… i run out of breath… run out of steam… run out of everything... and there must be time… to recharge…

… it’s that time for me… again… when i must pause… and catch my breath… catch it slowly… and let it out slowly… so i don’t start a storm around me… a storm in my breath in my heels in my wheels that are constantly spinning and spinning and never... stop…

… besides… it’s the time of year for more wining… and dining… and entertaining… it’s the time for hanging out with hubby… and friends… and chilling… and chatting.... it’s the time for shorter days… and longer nights… when we have… simply… less time… to do what we need to do… before the time for doing what we want to do… descends…

… night falls… sooner… and tempts me with its starry skies… starry and sparkling before my eyes… and behind my eyes… starry and beckoning me to pause… and look… and maybe catch some stardust in my hands… with which to adorn my body… and enflame my dreams… and illuminate my soul…

… and i can’t look… at that enchanted… enchanting sky… when i am occupied… still… with things pressing to be done… i can look… but… i can’t look… and see…

… and so… the dreaming continues… but the expression stops… for a while… pauses… to catch its breath… and refresh itself… and capture some new stardust from those starry starry skies… to capture … and perhaps… to keep of it… what i can… in a tiny little box… because… truly… stardust is the stuff of dreams… and is so very hard to capture… but… if i can have of it… even a shimmer on the insides of my hands… i will be happy… and satisfied…

… so now… i go… to allow my gaze to linger… and linger... and stay… in the stars… for a while… to allow my hands… and my Self… a little sprinkle of magic…

… and i will have joy… and easy breath… and fullness of soul… when i return…

… pause…